Goats - July 13, 2020

Hola a todos!
I hope you all had a good week 😁
These past few weeks have been good! But we're having transfers tomorrow...and I'm leaving Móstoles! 🥺 I'm super sad to leave Hermana Kay because we've only been together for 1 transfer and she's the actual best! But I'm going to Leganés!! It's about 20 minutes away and in the same zone haha, not too different. My new companion is Hermana Romero! She's from Argentina but has lived in Spain for most of her life, so I'm pretty excited to get to know her and to learn a lot of Spanish really quickly!!
We had the opportunity to go to a few member citas this week, which was great. One of them was an absolute disaster but we were dying laughing most of the time. We put the address in our phone and it was a 15-minute walk away. The woman we were visiting told us very strongly not to be late or make her wait, so we left 30 minutes before the cita. As we're going there, my companion starts walking faster all of a sudden and she said her map changed and now it was 25 minutes away! We started booking it to this place with the sun beating down, and when we finally got there we were at a Spanish Red Cross. We were like 'Ummm I don't think they live at the Cruz Rojo..." so we called her and she was very disappointed in us haha. She was saying "ah you're so young, you chicas don't think, stay where you are we'll come get you in our car" so we stayed and waited for them. As we were driving to their piso, they were pointing out streets and telling us where we went wrong 😅 Anyway, the cita itself was good! They gave us gigantic bowls of gazpacho, and then when I couldn't eat anymore they brought out huge slabs of meatloaf and lots of mashed potatoes. Then when we were dying, they brought out melons and so much ice cream. It was a struggle and I wasn't feeling well anyway, but it's ok because the Lord blesses his missionaries! That's one thing I don't understand though, I don't think the members realize we're not elders and we can't eat quite that much! After that, their son who's inactive came over and talked with us -- he's my favorite person ever. So funny and he was teaching us new Spanish words. We texted him after the cita and he asked us to tell him chismes (gossip) about the capilla (the church/ward), "what's going on over there? 👀" They're a great family and it was really fun to visit with them!
Today for pday we went to Parquesur which is a huge mall in Leganés! We went with the Leganés Elders (goats) and hermanas (there's both elders and sisters in this area because it's a big ward) and one other Hermana whose companion already went home. It's always so fun to hang out with other missionaries and get to know the zone a little bit more ☺️
I'm kind of nervous about this transfer because my Spanish is okay but conversationally I still don't have much practice. This is going to be a big growth period for me and I know I just have to lean into it and I'll get a confirmation that this is the right place and the right time. I'm going to miss Her mama Kay and Móstoles, but change is good!
I love you all! I hope you have another great week! If you ever need anything or if you want to share some chismes or chistes (gossip or jokes) my email is always available!

Un abrazo muy fuerte!
Hermana Carlson ❤












Comments